Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MVP7500 CF Card image

Let me start with a story. One of our client tried to update the firmware of his old MVP7500. The installed firmware was very old that he needed to update to an intermediate version before doing another update. I believe this should involve just one reboot, and that is after the panel is updated with the latest firmware. He did an update to the intermediate version and rebooted, and his MVP7500 is dead.

I believe if I could find a working MVP7500 then I could make an image (a .raw file) of the CF card, then transfer it to the dead one. Unfortunately, I don't see any lying around.

My question is, can I ask AMX Tech Support for this image file? Or can any of you send me a copy?

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Question regarding your story . . . why was the client updating his firmware?

If I were the owner of a company and a client tried updating his own firmware, I'd need to ask several questions:

1) How is the client updating his own firmware? Who gave him licensed software? Has the client agreed to all the terms that dealers and independent programmers must agree to, which include not sharing the software.

2) Why is the client updating his own firmware again?

I don't think AMX will give you the image (I don't know for certain since I've never asked for it), but if you call them up - you *might* be able to swing a flash card to remedy the issue, but I sure as heck wouldn't tell them your client was doing your work.

But then again . . . you already posted it on the forum so, that option is out off the table.
  • So, here's the full story. This client of ours asked an independent programmer to reconfigure his system after he had added a few video sources. I believe the programmer was the one who updated the firmware, not the client himself because he has no access to Netlinx Studio. Now that the touch panel is dead, he came to us for repair. I know I can send this unit back to AMX for repair, but that will take a few weeks.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    More than likely he did not install the intermediate firmware, or he installed the wrong one. It's bricked, either way; once you have a bad firmware load, you can't do a thing with it except replace the CF card with one that has a working firmware.