Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

R4 Display Issues

Hi All,
Nerieru wrote: »
Remotes failing, we've got r4 turning their screen purple, I've been able to determine that it's related to the zigbee firmware combinations though.

I've got a remote exhibiting this behaviour. I haven't seen any other references on the forums until the above post and AMX Australia tell me they've never seen it occur. When I sent the remote in for repair it got sent back with a note saying they couldn't replicate the issue even though I gave detailed information on when the issue does and doesn't occur.

Obviously my remote isn't an isolated case, so I decided to start a thread to find out how prevalent the problem is.

I'm particularly worried as I've just acquired another remote of my own and they are being increasingly specced into jobs I've been doing.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Has anyone sent a remote showing this behaviour back for repair and has it been fixed?

Comments

• Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Auser wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've got a remote exhibiting this behaviour. I haven't seen any other references on the forums until the above post and AMX Australia tell me they've never seen it occur. When I sent the remote in for repair it got sent back with a note saying they couldn't replicate the issue even though I gave detailed information on when the issue does and doesn't occur.

Obviously my remote isn't an isolated case, so I decided to start a thread to find out how prevalent the problem is.

I'm particularly worried as I've just acquired another remote of my own and they are being increasingly specced into jobs I've been doing.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Has anyone sent a remote showing this behaviour back for repair and has it been fixed?

It's not the remote that's the issue you're using zigbee I reckon? It occurs when connecting to zigbee networks, we were able to determine that it's an issue of the zigbee network, and particulary the combination of zigbee firmwares, this should be fixable by upgrading the firmwares (preferably to zigbee pro). If you have any repeaters in there get them replaced (that's what I did, using AR) and update the firmware for the R4 remotes and the zigbee gateways.