Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Interactive Digital Signage

Has anyone had any success working with an "interactive digital signage display"? We are being asked to design one on a project where there will be 3 digital signage displays. Two will just be media, but one will be media with the possibility of interaction. I called AMX but they aren't sure how to do it yet (they will have one of the Inspired Signage people call me). My thinking is possibly using the inspired signage pack with the server and 3 players, and feed one of the players through a NXP-TPI/4 connected to a smarttech overlay.
Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks.

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Your idea sounds like a good plan to me, but I don't have any experience with the digital signage units myself, so I'm not sure what's involved.

One thing you might want to consider is how they are going to make changes to the interaction. A couple of thoughts on this:
    - Use a standard button layout on the screen using bounding box invisible buttons and let them add the buttons in the graphics. This might be complicated to make changes to tho and could lead to trouble.
    - Use a couple different templates of button layouts and read an XML type file from the processor to label the buttons and decide what they activate and also which template should be displayed.
    - display the video with a border around it and place your interaction buttons in the border and use the XML file to change the names and the data sent to a collection point.

That's all I got right now :)

Jeff
  • Just spoke with AMX. They confirmed that the third party overlay with the TPI/4 is the way to go. They did that for one of their big promotions and it worked great.
    Thanks.