Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

File Compare

Ok it's a cool tool and I especially like the way they both scroll in sync. However it doesn't appear you can do anything to these files in this mode. I can't seem to copy and paste from one to the other. Any secrets?

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    My secret is using TortoiseSVN. The file compare utility works very well imho. It also automatically gives me the ability to compare the current file with the last versioned file or any previous version if I have a connection to the server.

In other words, I started using TortoiseSVN about 1-2 months before NS3 became available to me and I found the AMX file compare to be lacking.

Jeff
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, I've been doing file compare w/ notepad++ which is a universal editor (free downloaded from sourceForge) but I was just wondering about the utility they added to NS3.

To make it useful I stretch NS3 across both of my 22" screens then I can have the file compare files side by side on the right screen while I have the 2 working files side by side on my left screen. I just thought it would be a given to have that ability in the file compare app itself like I do when I use notepad++.