Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Dedicated Micros New Digital Sprite 2

I'm trying to control a Dedicated Micros new DS2 security dvr through AMX. Has anyone been successful in making this work? As soon as I connect to the DVR it automatically spits out all types of info without requesting it. Maybe I have the port settings incorrect? I'm connected through Port 1 of the DM to Port 3 my NI4100. The MCI command list I obtained from Dedicated Micros makes reference to 2 different types of comm settings. There are even more options once I'm inside DM serial port setup. Any help? Thanks.

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have done it a couple of times using the AMX comm module as I recall. I have since tried to avoid the units as it seems that the company likes to remove features from the serial control when it updates. Their units are also significantly more expensive than their competition without any benefits to me since they have removed said control features :)

If I remember anything specific, I'll try to post the info. I am actually working on a DS2 tomorrow on a job, but it is already functional.

Did you make sure the unit is configured properly within the onscreen menus?

Jeff
  • I am unsure if its properly configured. I cant seem to find any information as to what it should be set to. Even the MCI manual makes reference to 2 different comm settings. Am I better off going IP control? Whats involved in that?
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Are you using the serial adapter that plugs into the 485 bus of the DVR? If not, that might be your problem.

Jeff