Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Video feed to AMX Panel

2»

Comments

• Options
    John PaulJohn Paul Posts: 143
    snoble wrote: »
    Would you be able to capture the logs starting at the beginning (i.e. right after bootup before any presses, telnet to the panel & capture)? Also for the failure case, could you describe exactly the order of the button presses that led to the lockup? Did you get a chance to try all the suggestions (clearing "Dynamo" checkbox, testing with audio muted, increasing the animate time up/down for sequences, etc.)?

I will capture the logs from the beginning and send it back to you . The failure case is as follows.

1. Click on Cameras menu button .
    2. Click on Options button on bottom right.
    3. Click on Camera Sequence button and wait or try click on the video to switch to full screen .

I did try your suggestions regarding clearing the "Dynamo" checkbox , audio muted and increasing the animate time up/down , only it took a little more time to lock up after the changes.

Like you mentioned i am not hiding the popups when i am switching to full screen camera feed and back to popup. I will try that and see if it locks up again.

Thanks
    John
  • Options
    Scott,

I have attached the logs from the panel startup till it loads. Also i have done the hide popup group but still it locks up.

If you can pm me your email id, i can give you vpn access to the site to see the scenario and rectify it.

Thanks
    John
  • Options
    snoblesnoble Posts: 35
    John,

If you can send me:

1) your latest modified TPD4 project (with popup hide, Dynamo and animation time changes)
    2) logs as described from startup (before you press the 1st button) to the time the panel locks up using that TPD4 project
    3) A precise description of the actions performed leading up to the lockup for the specific case covered by the logs,

I will attempt to reproduce the scenario here with our cameras (probably won't get to until early next week though) to see what I can find.

Also, in your previous post, I noticed that the failure sequence you mentioned was one of the cases where you were not hiding the popup before the page flip. Make sure you cover all of those cases in your TPD4 project.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Options
    Scott,

1. I have attached the latest TPD4 file, this is without the icons, other pages and the popups being hidden on the page flips.

2. I have already supplied the logs from the beginning, till the lock up and after the lock up when the panel can get the touch inputs . But a log from beginning till lock up is not possible as when the panel locks up, the telnet session gets over and i am not able to save it to a file then .

3. The actions performed are basically go to Cameras pages and then click on any of the sequences. It will lockup after about ten to twenty minutes.

Thanks
    John
  • Options
    Cache settings

Scott,

In the protected setup cache settings page, you have an option to clear the cache. Is it possible to call this command, when i am on the cameras page.Since the minimum cache expiry time is 2 hours, i feel that if i keep clearing the cache every 5 minutes or less, the memory will be more for the touch panel to work and not lock up.

John
  • Options
    You could certainly try sending the cache purge command occasionally to free up some memory. But the least recently used items are always discarded to make room for new items anyway, so I doubt that will clear up your problem. Note that the expiration time is not relevant unless you have enabled caching to flash (which would not make sense in your application). It may also result in a perceived delay in loading each image once cache is purged (since background color will be displayed while transferring an image rather than the last cached image).

I will try to set up a test here this week using a sequence of Motion JPEGs as you have in your pages to see if there are any issues & will let you know. I did notice that in the modified pages you sent, the popup with the sequence is still not being hidden before flipping to the full screen image (that looks to be the case in all 3 of your sequence) - make sure you do that in all cases and retest with that change.
  • Options
    Scott,

Awaiting your test results next week. I am planning to put up a timeline when i am in the cameras page and do a cache purge every 10 secs, this i feel will prevent the camera from locking up. As you have mentioned, the touch panel automatically purges the cache on a page flip, but if i am on a camera sequence page, the cache will get full in a few minutes due to the constant refreshing of the images. Hope my logic is correct.

Thanks
    John
  • Options
    John,

The panel does not purge its image cache on a page flip. Least recently used items in cache are discarded to make room for newer items at any time (state transition, popup show, etc.). And based on the fact that you said you were seeing the same problem with your scaled-down pages with a 17MB image cache, I don't expect cache size to be the culprit. Periodic purging may even slows things down a bit with the extra cache overhead. Let me know what you observe.

I was able to set up a test yesterday using the latest pages you posted. I replaced 4 of your Motion JPEG sources involved in a sequence with 4 of our local cameras & encoders (no settings changes, just changed the URLs). I loaded the pages, then flipped to the "Sequence". I confirmed that the video source was changing every 5 seconds, and I left it overnight. This morning and throughout today, I've been switching back and forth between the sequence popup and the "Camera Sequence Full Preview" (which displays the same 4 images in sequence fullscreen). It is still changing video source every 5 seconds and I haven't seen a lockup or significant sluggishness yet (running nearly 24 hours so far). I know you said it took longer to reproduce with your scaled-down pages, but you didn't say how much longer. I'll leave this running for a couple more days to see if I can catch a problem. Meanwhile, if you are able to log a telnet session to file and reproduce the problem with logs turned on (from startup to lockup), send it my way and I'll take a look - and be sure to describe exactly what you did.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Options
    Scott,

Thanks for the suggestions, i was able to run the screens without it getting locked up. Your suggestions were helpful and i didnt do the cache purge.

Now there are 5 METECOMS and the client wants them also up on the panels . I will figure how to get this using the SIP module provided by AMX.

Thanks again
    John
  • Options
    PhreaK wrote: »
    You're going to have an interesting time trying to feed streaming video to anything over RS-232. The good news is though if you've got a G4 panel you can stream video to it via IP to your hearts content.

The way to do this is to set up a dynamic image with a motion jpeg source - AMX calls this 'DynaMo'. If you shoot over to the tech centre and have a look at tech note #682 it will walk you through how to set this up.

This is the case If the video feed is from a video device, and what will be the 'path' and 'file' when we want to feed the video from a website?
  • Options
    arunmohan wrote: »
    This is the case If the video feed is from a video device, and what will be the 'path' and 'file' when we want to feed the video from a website?

It has been clarified, thanks for this post.