Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Skype and the SIP gateway?

has anyone tried this combination? We are looking to get rid of our panasonic pbx at our office and switch over to voip. It seems that Skype is fairly well-known, and with the iphone app, it makes it an ideal choice.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vegastech wrote: »
    has anyone tried this combination? We are looking to get rid of our panasonic pbx at our office and switch over to voip. It seems that Skype is fairly well-known, and with the iphone app, it makes it an ideal choice.

For what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of the Skype systems I've seen in residential. They seem to be tremendous bandwidth hogs for some strange reason. I have no idea about commercial, however.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    On the other hand, Panasonic has jumped into the VOIP market with both feet. You may want to just upgrade to a current model.
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    With regard to the touchpanels we could integrate with the SIP gateway, do they simply become additional extensions on the phone system, like I assume they do with the intercom capabilities?
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    ericmedley wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of the Skype systems I've seen in residential. They seem to be tremendous bandwidth hogs for some strange reason. I have no idea about commercial, however.
    Are there Skype 'systems' per se? I thought Skype was an oddly coded IM program that happens to be designed for video/audio sharing and has built in screen sharing.
  • Si[

You could install a 3cx system for free and use the panels with it and they have a Skype interface.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    mpullin wrote: »
    Are there Skype 'systems' per se? I thought Skype was an oddly coded IM program that happens to be designed for video/audio sharing and has built in screen sharing.
    I certainly no expert on it. They have some kind of base station phone that has two wireless handsets that each have thier own number. It was not something we installed or dealt with.

All I know is when its plugged in = bad. when it's unplugged=good.

e
  • xrmichael wrote: »
    You could install a 3cx system for free and use the panels with it and they have a Skype interface.

hi

i have also a 3cx system and a amx system.
    how do you combine this systems?
    do you send ip-string to the 3cx?

thanks
    john