Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Motorola DCH6416 DVR via RS-232

Does anyone have any experience controlling Motorola DVR/STBs via their serial ports? I have a DCH6416 here and it's got a serial port on the back. Apparently people with TIVOs have controlled similar Motorola products via the RS-232 port before however I've been unable to locate any info on the protocol.

Thanks,
R

Comments

• Options
    Step one is to verify that your local cable company has the port enabled. Comcast here does not (along with most the other ports of the back).

Kevin D.
  • Options
    salma4salma4 Posts: 2

First of all, I'm so sorry I know this is an old discussion but the topic is very important to me I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Has anyone successfully controlled a Motorola DCH6416 DVR using its RS-232 port and if so, what protocol is used? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

• Options
    salma4salma4 Posts: 2

@salma4 said:
    First of all, I'm so sorry I know this is an old discussion but the topic is very important to me I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Has anyone successfully controlled a Motorola DCH6416 DVR using its RS-232 port and if so, what protocol is used? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks gb whatsapp pro

I think an RS-232 port exists: The DCH6416 does have an RS-232 port, suggesting potential external control. User reports: Anecdotal evidence suggests some users have achieved control, but details are scarce. Unknown protocol: The exact protocol used for communication remains unknown, making it difficult to replicate.