Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Cradle Sensor Wont Report Docked

We have some 5200i panels with table top docks, for some reason when the panel goes in or out of the dock the unit reports channel 'off' not docked. According to the help file the unit should report On for docked and Off for undocked. I need to rig a demo up for a prespective site and need to get this working, does anyone have any ideas ?

Michael

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    xrmichael wrote: »
    We have some 5200i panels with table top docks, for some reason when the panel goes in or out of the dock the unit reports channel 'off' not docked. According to the help file the unit should report On for docked and Off for undocked. I need to rig a demo up for a prespective site and need to get this working, does anyone have any ideas ?

Michael

I have seen this as well with 8400s. Only the off channel event is ever run regardless of whether the panel was docked or undocked. I believe I came up with a workaround but I don't recall what it is at the moment. Perhaps I just upgraded the firmware.
    Paul
  • Options
    Firmware

The firmware is upto date the latest release.
  • Options
    The firmware is upto date the latest release.

I meant the dock station firmware, not the panel firmware.
    Paul
  • Options
    Firmware

The 5200i table dock is not firmware upgradeable, the 8400 dock is.
  • Options
    Firmware

I should have said there is no firware on the AMX web site for the 5200i dock, it may be upgradable via firmware.
  • Options
    Dock Status

After a chat with AMX it appears that the table dock for the 5200i wont report it status to the master, so another question.

Is there a way to report to the master if the panel is charging ? what we are after is monitoring the panel to ensure its in the wall or table dock, as the user checks out of the room. To ensure the panel does not get stolen.
  • Options
    Hi Michael,

When the panel is docked/undocked, a string will be sent to the master which you can capture. The string data will be

"dock" - when panel is placed in the dock
    "undock-none" - when panel is ejected using the button on the dock
    "undock-setup" - when panel is ejected using the setup page button

Hope this helps,
    Chris
  • Options
    Dock

This is a tabledock, and the 5200 sends a channel event looking at the diag, the only problem is that it only reports chan off and not on.
  • Options
    Hi Michael,

Yes for 5xxx panels a table dock this is a little more tricky. A table dock is more like plugging into the dc power port than a wall dock.

We will be releasing a version of the 5xxx panel firmware sometime in the future (TBD) that will have a send command to query the charging status and percent charge complete. Unfortunately this does not help you at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris
    AMX Engineering
  • Options
    No Problem

I will wait till the new firmware arrives thanks for the info.
  • Options
    I will wait till the new firmware arrives thanks for the info.

If you telnet to the panel and use the batt mon command you will see that there is a field labeled 'Fl' (or 'F1' perhaps). Its value changes depending on whether you are charging or using battery power. You could use this to see if the unit is charging (docked) or not.
    Paul
  • Options
    champchamp Posts: 261
    We will be releasing a version of the 5xxx panel firmware sometime in the future (TBD) that will have a send command to query the charging status and percent charge complete.
    I can't find any documentation on it in the manual, PI, firmware release notes or this forum.
    Did this feature get released?