Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Odd NXV-300 Behavior

Been messing around with this device lately. Anyone wander into a scenario where after a master reboot the device id of the nxv-300 changes and no longer matches the DPS of the program? I have it consistently doing it. If I reboot the NXV the device id matches the DPS but if I reboot the master it will take the next number not been used. As an example the DPS is 32001:1:0 when I reboot the NXV and its device id will be 32001. If I then reboot the master the id will be 32002:1:0 and there will be no code for it. Kind of makes this device useless unless you purchase an IP power strip that powers off/on at a master reboot. So much for a cheap virtual panel.

Comments

• Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I haven't used one yet, but 32000 in the virtual device range. The processor is seeing a "new" device and assigns the next available number to it.

I would think you need to assign it (the NXV) a device number such as 10001. I bet it will keep it then.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Dave explains it better here:
    http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=5755
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Yup, that was it. That will teach me to browse the install guide. Right there on page 17 it shows a device id of 32001. I guess I should think as well as browse.

Thanks for the assist.
  • Options
    We have changed the default device number we ship with. It used to be 10001. But since almost everyone changes this value (especially if you have more than one panel, in which case you have to) we decided to move to a default number of 0. This puts the device into dynamic device number mode and the master will assign one. When the panel connects to the master you will need to go change the device number as you normally would have done anyway. This also allows those dealers doing large installs to unpack large numbers of panels at a time and bring them online together and then assign them device numbers in an assembly line fashion instead of one at a time.