Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Beovision 5000

I was having some problems with this unit and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

What's happening is I have an IR file that works with it if I take an emitter and put it on the built in receiver on the upper right of the unit. There is an IR receiver jack on the back of the TV that I'd prefer to use but when I hook up to it the IR doesn't work. I've tried using CAROFF but that didn't seem to work. Just wondering if anyone had got it to work using the back IR receiver jack, the documentation from B&O was a little sparse.

Thanks

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I used to be a B&O dealer, but our owner decided to break away the B&O line and open specialty stores, so I haven't seen one of those in a few years. That said, my knowledge of the product is sketchy at best, but as I recall it, this is a proprietary jack for connecting to their telephone/remote, or their Beolink line. I don't think it's straight IR. If you are interested, I can send your e-mail to a former employee who kept the service franchise for B&O, he may be able to tell you better.
  • alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    Hmm well it is labelled IR receiver on the back and the manual says if you need an additional IR receiver connect it here. Just not sure if it's a proprietary B&O IR Receiver we need or if any generic one would work.
  • htnhtn Posts: 5
    Is it a BeoVision 5?

Is it a US or EU TV?
    The US BeoVision 5 have a IR input on the Back, the protocol used is simular to the remote, but without carrier and puls extended.
    B&O have a external IR reciver that can be connected, or you can strip off the 455Khz carrier frekvency and transmit the data thru a small interface box that'll extend the pulses, it's avaleble from B&O in the US.
    Hope this helps