Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Zigbee Gateway Prob

Hi to All,

Maybe you can help me...
Yesterday I tried to update the Gateway to Firmware 3.0.0 but only the Gateway Firmware was updated. The Zigbee Firmware stucked on 1.1.12. Sh** After a couple of trys I did a dammend reset... and... no access over IP 192.168.1.140 any more.... Is there a possibility to reanimate the gateway?

Thanx
Heinz

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It might just have a different IP. I've been using Angry IP Scanner (despite the goofy name) to track unknown IPs down, it's very helpful.

If you look at the firmware section at AMX.com, you will see there are several firmware files needed to upgrade a Zigbee gateway. Search it here on the forums too, someone spelled it out step-by-step. Once you get everything up to 3.0, upgrade it again to the newest one. Just do it all in order, rebooting and not rebooting as specified. And you must upgrade to 3.0 first before going farther.
  • Options
    I will try Angry IP Scanner... but I thought 192.168.1.140 is the factory default...
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Is you PC's IP in the same IP range? (192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254)
  • Options
    I will try Angry IP Scanner... but I thought 192.168.1.140 is the factory default...

I'm pretty sure (not positive) factory default is DHCP, so it could be anything. The one I have sitting on my desk right now is 192.168.10.126, and I would not have set it at that for static. My router is set to assign addresses at 100+, so I make all my statics below 100.
  • Options
    @vining
    sure it is.

@DHawthorne
    there is a DHCP - Range : 215 to 230

192.168.1.140 is the factory default - that's what the manual says.
  • Options
    DiogoDiogo Posts: 65
    Have you turned off the wireless before send the firmware update?

I don't remember where I read, but I remember It was need it before upgrading, and wait a lot, and then all worked fine.
  • Options
    @vining
    sure it is.

@DHawthorne
    there is a DHCP - Range : 215 to 230

192.168.1.140 is the factory default - that's what the manual says.

In the firmware prior to 3.00.00, 192.168.1.140 is the default.

The ZigBee Pro(3.00.00 and up) uses DHCP + Bonjour for its default.

If you have 3.00.00 or later installed, look in the DHCP range. Better yet, use Bonjour.
  • Options
    rhargrave wrote: »
    In the firmware prior to 3.00.00, 192.168.1.140 is the default.

The ZigBee Pro(3.00.00 and up) uses DHCP + Bonjour for its default.

If you have 3.00.00 or later installed, look in the DHCP range. Better yet, use Bonjour.

For reasons I can't explain (read: I have no idea why), I've had no luck with Bonjour. I've either had to scan the IP range, or, if it actually manages to connect to the master, get the IP from what the master reports and point to that with a browser.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    For reasons I can't explain (read: I have no idea why), I've had no luck with Bonjour. I've either had to scan the IP range, or, if it actually manages to connect to the master, get the IP from what the master reports and point to that with a browser.

Are you on the same subnet as the device? Bonjour device announcements are UDP broadcasts and will not travel through anything that route packets based on layer 3 packet information(Layer 3 is the IP layer).