Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

which is best wireless access point for MVP5200?

For my experience, amx wap250 is short cover range and not that stable for mvp5200i, can any one suggest a good wireless access point for mvp5200?
Thanks.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    yanbin wrote: »
    For my experience, amx wap250 is short cover range and not that stable for mvp5200i, can any one suggest a good wireless access point for mvp5200?
    Thanks.

Cicso Aeronet 1100 or 1200
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Hawkins work pretty well too.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I have had good luck with HP Procurve access points.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I can't remember a WAP that I could say did not work. I did have a WAP200 fail.
  • yanbinyanbin Posts: 86
    I just got a Netgear WAG302V2, have anyone try it before?
  • DiogoDiogo Posts: 65
    Here in Brazil, there is a nice brand manufactered here. American Explorer.

It's a nice because it haves 400 mW of power, the others usually with 100 mW, and also come with an 8 dbi antena, which gave you 75 meters indoors at excellent signal (at least in my computer). Other thing to consider, is that you in the US almost always it's used dry-walls, here brick walls...

Before using them, I've used d-link, and sometimes linksys, they work great except by the range.

But I can only say, wireless range, is always a headache, but you can change your antena.(How I miss the "cable age")

Using WPA encryption can cause instability, try use WEP and see if gets better.
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Diogo wrote: »
    Here in Brazil, there is a nice brand manufactered here. American Explorer.

It's a nice because it haves 400 mW of power, the others usually with 100 mW, and also come with an 8 dbi antena, which gave you 75 meters indoors at excellent signal (at least in my computer). Other thing to consider, is that you in the US almost always it's used dry-walls, here brick walls...

Before using them, I've used d-link, and sometimes linksys, they work great except by the range.

But I can only say, wireless range, is always a headache, but you can change your antena.(How I miss the "cable age")

Using WPA encryption can cause instability, try use WEP and see if gets better.

That works great, unless your panel needs to communicate with your master, as you could still receive information, but not send it.
  • patbpatb Posts: 140
    I can't remember a WAP that I could say did not work. I did have a WAP200 fail.

I second that - I've used it many different WAPs and haven't had a problem with any of them.
  • Pakedge is also excellent.

The other good option which is cheaper is Netgear WG102. Luxul booster antennas are also very good and improve the signal and work very well with the WG102.
  • I tried cisco WAP200 and netgear wireless access points, still not very stable, could anyone give me a suggestion?

Thanks.