Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Daikin Intelligent Touch Controller?

So I've read every thread and researched all of the AMX based solutions for integrating with a Daikin system. Then I found out that the HVAC contractor is using a Daikin Intelligent Touch Controller (http://www.daikin.com/global_ac/products/network_solution/i_touch/index.html) and is only granting me access to tie into that.

After digging a little deeper I discover why the contractor is telling us to integrate this way. C*tron has a module that ties into the Daikin ITC over IP directly, no external hardware needed. I like this approach better then the others discussed in the previous threads, but haven't heard anyone mention anything about it. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Comments

• Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    Oddly enough I am sat here looking at exactly the same ITC controller wondering exactly the same thing.

There is a massive document explaining the IP protocol, which I have as the integrator has signed Daikin's NDA. It isn't easy to use though as it is designed for use within a web browser. The ITC defaults to 256 units and as a result spits out data for all of them every time, however I'm going to give it a go as I don't have many other options. There is a RS-232 port on it as well as LAN, but I don't have any info on how to use this, which is a shame.

Anyone else?

Simon
  • Options
    KrondorKrondor Posts: 14
    CoolMaster

If you need an easy RS232 interface for integration of the AMX with several VRV/VRF systems (not just Daikin, but also Hitachi, Toshiba, Sanyo, Mitsubishi electric) you might google for third party devices, like CoolMaster for example.

It is very easy to integrate, and it is Plug&Play to the air conditioning system...
  • Options
    elytronicelytronic Posts: 51
    It can be done both ways: IP to Daikin ITC or using RS232 and the Coolmaster to connect to the Daikin bus.. We prefer the Coolmaster because ITC control is a bit slow sometimes to the point of irritating.
  • Options
    Did anyone have any results with the Daikin iTC HTTP protocol?!

I've just come across one in a project, I've worked out most of the conversions used to format the various data, but when I send a HTTP POST command to the unit, all I receive is a "HTTP Bad Request" in response.

Any help would be appreciated
  • Options
    Hey Mark

The protocol works fine, although converting the temperature back and forth is quite complicated as you have probably noticed. It sounds to me like the software on the iTC needs updating - the webserver portion does not come as standard and needs adding by the Daikin supplier, and you will get nothing back from the iTC until this has been implemented. Be warned - it's not a cheap upgrade.......

Let me know how you get on as I have a couple of projects using the iTC on 6/7 zones and it seems pretty robust once it's all talking OK.

Simon
  • Options
    Thanks Simon

Just found out the same thing from a Daikin engineer this morning. Hopefully the software upgrade cost can get soaked up somewhere else in our budget!

Yeah, the conversions for float set point are pretty tough! Luckily I'd just recently created a driver for a HVAC system called Cylon, which uses a lot of the same conversions (especially IEEE754). Here's a link to an amxForum thread which gave me much of the code I needed (many thanks to user: JWeather):

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?3423-Ieee-754&highlight=ieee
  • Options
    FYI, I have written a fully functional program to control the Daikin ITC via TCP/IP.
  • Options
    FYI, I have written a fully functional program to control the Daikin ITC via TCP/IP.

Could you please share the code?
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    No one to share some codes about control of ITC ?

Thanks
  • Options
    New AMX drivr for CoolMaster

New drriver for CoolMaster is being prepared (or already released) in AMX database.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Krondor wrote: »
    New drriver for CoolMaster is being prepared (or already released) in AMX database.
    hum not yet avalaible, found nothing on website :(
  • Options
    GregGGregG Posts: 251
    The various coolmaster models have some slight differences which could make a single module more difficult.

For example, the one I just wrote for controlling Mitsubishi doesn't accept the option to switch temp. scales the F - it only uses C which made generating the UI and accepting user changes in F a little more "fun"
  • Options
    New driver for CoolMaster

The driver is released and can be found on AMX drivers' database.
    Farenheit support for Mitsubishi is already avalwable in the newer firmware version...
  • Options
    New IP driver for CoolMasterNet is already available. SUpporting all VRF HVAC brands...