Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX TP Intercom & Panasonic PBX

I'm looking for confirmation that the intercom capability of the AMX TPs is limited to IP communication...

If I'm wrong, has anybody ever integrated a non-AMX entry door communicator (for instance one that would be integrated with a Panasonic analog PBX) with an AMX touch panel with intercom?
Main issue is the Audio...

Thanks!

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I am not positive, but you might look at the CSG-544 paired with a Doorbell Fon. The Doorbell Fon could be a dedicated analog trunk line in to the CSG-544. I think this should do what you want. The conversation does have to be initiated by the person at the front door tho.

Jeff
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    You can look at this link:
    http://amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=6301&highlight=sip+doorphone

and maybe try some searches on the met-ecom since I recall other discussions about this.

The problem mentioned in this link can probably be resolved by senting up a button on a Cisco phone (or other type that support xml or url's) and create a link to a url with a post or get command. Create a server on the master to handle this and you should be able to release the door. Unfortunately my gear is still sitting on the bench and un plugged, but someday.....

edit:

Maybe I should have asked if this is an Pana IP PBX or just the Hybrid TAW-848 or TDA-50?
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Thank you all for your inputs.