Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MET-ECOM - image size

Specs for Met-Ecom mention: Video QVGA 320x240...

Is there a way to have it displayed on a TP with an 'enlarged' window (even though you'll probably loose some quality in the process...)?

This small size is really not a great argument for the device.

Thanks.

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Pep_SD wrote: »
    Specs for Met-Ecom mention: Video QVGA 320x240...

Is there a way to have it displayed on a TP with an 'enlarged' window (even though you'll probably loose some quality in the process...)?

This small size is really not a great argument for the device.

Thanks.

You can use the scaling option in TPD dynamic images. I have been somewhat disappointed in this device though. You have to make sure that when you mount it its at exactly the right level, since there is no way to move the camera up and down. The last one I programmed, the installers put it in without any consideration of the camera and now anyone who is at the front door can only be seen from the shoulders down. The client is getting good at identifying people by their body shape though.
    Paul
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Paul,

Thank you for the info - did not know this option existed.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Unless I am mistaken the scaling option will only scale down, not up. I agree that the video feed from the door stations is a bit small.
  • snoblesnoble Posts: 35
    The Scale to Fit option in TPD4 normally only does downscaling. However, if you mark the image as a "Dynamo Resource" in the resource manager (which means that the panel will attempt to accelerate image decoding in hardware and will decode Motion JPEG up to 25fps), it will do upscaling with the following limitations:

8400/i, CV7, CV10: Upscaling is fixed to 2x original size (640x480) - video will be cropped if the window is smaller

500i, 5200i: Video will be upscaled to the size of the window (but keep your window at the same aspect ratio to avoid black bars)

As someone pointed out, upscaling will not increase clarity as it is simply pixel replication. One more important note - if you do mark your MET-ECOM resource as a "Dynamo Resource", be sure to replace "stream_cam_wg" with "stream_cam_eth" - the latter tells the MET-ECOM to feed video at a higher rate.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    snoble wrote: »
    One more important note - if you do mark your MET-ECOM resource as a "Dynamo Resource", be sure to replace "stream_cam_wg" with "stream_cam_eth" - the latter tells the MET-ECOM to feed video at a higher rate.

What is the resolution of stream_cam_eth?
  • snoblesnoble Posts: 35
    Colzie wrote: »
    What is the resolution of stream_cam_eth?

The resolution is the same - 320x240.