Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI900-flashing LEDS

I have a brand new un-programmed NI900, and when powered up it just flashes status, output and input at about 2 flashes per second. I cannot get communication with it through any program, Netlink2, Netlink, Axcess, even hyperterminal. Nothing will communicate.
When I disconnected the serial programming cable the RX led flashed a few times but then quit.
What to do?

Comments

• ROOROO Posts: 46
    locknar wrote: »
    I have a brand new un-programmed NI900, and when powered up it just flashes status, output and input at about 2 flashes per second. I cannot get communication with it through any program, Netlink2, Netlink, Axcess, even hyperterminal. Nothing will communicate.
    When I disconnected the serial programming cable the RX led flashed a few times but then quit.
    What to do?

(If you were new I'd say the following :^ )
    You might want to check the configuration dip switch positions on the back of the NI, just to make sure they're set correctly. Bit postion 5,6,7,8 determine baud rate - should be off,on,on,on for 38,400 baud(default). The PRD position (bit 1) should be off, but it shouldn't matter when you're trying to load the program.
    Tech support will walk you through the basics, but if you've set your baud rates on the Netlinx, and studio and are using a good cross-over cable it'll be pretty quick.

Since you're not:
    I had the same issue on a NI 3100 a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a RS232 port problem on the NI. Sent it into AMX for repair. The customer site had lightning strikes around, and the customer had all kinds of electrical issues. I felt like I was loosing it, and didn't know how to talk to a NI anymore.

Good Luck
    ROO
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    You might try hooking a dhcp server up to the IP port and see if you can get tcp/ip communications with it. I believe that AMX masters come set up to do dhcp by default.
  • Hedberg wrote: »
    You might try hooking a dhcp server up to the IP port and see if you can get tcp/ip communications with it. I believe that AMX masters come set up to do dhcp by default.

well almost, when I first connect to a dhcp server the link/act led came on ans status went to the standard one second flash, so I powered off, connected the keypad and a programming cable, re-powered and it went through a 10 minute re-boot, where it flashes TX and cycles through all the leds then came back to the fast status, output,input flash, and it now no longer recognizes IP.
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    locknar wrote: »
    well almost, when I first connect to a dhcp server the link/act led came on ans status went to the standard one second flash, so I powered off, connected the keypad and a programming cable, re-powered and it went through a 10 minute re-boot, where it flashes TX and cycles through all the leds then came back to the fast status, output,input flash, and it now no longer recognizes IP.

So, when you hook up the dhcp server, and it starts to behave normally, why don't you connect to it using Netlinx Studio via the IP connection? Is the keypad connected via Axlink?
  • I am now thinking a heat issue as it will work after about 2 hours of being unplugged. I did connect via the IP and I did dump in a program but when it re-starts itself it goes back to flashing.
    The other odd part is its device address is 00000. I guess this one is going back