Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Bosch G Series Security System anyone?

Has anyone integrated this system with AMX? If so, good, bad, ugly???

thanks.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    bump.

no takers? Seems like this might be one of those closed systems.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Bosch protocols are usually protected by NDA in my experience... contact them directly.
    jweather wrote: »
    Bosch protocols are usually protected by NDA in my experience... contact them directly.
    eesh... This an outside vendor. I'm going to suggest we walk away. (although, every time I have done so, we don't. and then later when it's time to say "I told you so" they don't want to hear it.)

Thanks for the info!
    e
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I did one ages ago that I commented as "Radionics 7412G (Bosch)". Does this sound similar? I glanced at the code and the protocol look somewhat straightforward (for hex, anyway).
    		case SEC_0:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$0,$73"  //0
    		case SEC_1:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$1,$72"  //1
    		case SEC_2:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$2,$71"  //2
    		case SEC_3:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$3,$70"  //3
    		case SEC_4:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$4,$6F"  //4
    		case SEC_5:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$5,$6E"  //5
    		case SEC_6:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$6,$6D"  //6
    		case SEC_7:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$7,$6C"  //7
    		case SEC_8:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$8,$6B"  //8
    		case SEC_9:                  send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$9,$6A"  //9
    		case SEC_ENTER:              send_string dv_ALARM_232,"$78,$4,$10,$0,$E,$65"	//ENTER

I don't remember how the integration went, however. Too long ago. Mustn't have been too terrible, I guess!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I was a Radionics dealer before they were sold to Bosch, and when I approached them about developing an AMX module, they made me sign a NDA before they would let me so much as look at the protocol. As I recall, it was pretty arcane, and the project never got off the ground. We subsequently got out of the alarm business, and I haven't looked back.

If Bosch is still Radionics-based on the hardware side, and you can manage to get the protocol, it's going to be a job to implement. That hex example might look straightforward, but as I recall, part of those codes is keypad ID, etc., and a bunch of parameters that have to be programmed into the panel to be recognized. It could also be, since this was so long ago (at least 10 years), my memory of it is more forbidding than the actual thing. Just a friendly warning: it might not be a slam-dunk, so don't go into it until you know for sure you aren't going to get raked over the coals (and how's that for mixed metaphors, eh? :) ).
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I was a Radionics dealer before they were sold to Bosch, and when I approached them about developing an AMX module, they made me sign a NDA before they would let me so much as look at the protocol. As I recall, it was pretty arcane, and the project never got off the ground. We subsequently got out of the alarm business, and I haven't looked back.

If Bosch is still Radionics-based on the hardware side, and you can manage to get the protocol, it's going to be a job to implement. That hex example might look straightforward, but as I recall, part of those codes is keypad ID, etc., and a bunch of parameters that have to be programmed into the panel to be recognized. It could also be, since this was so long ago (at least 10 years), my memory of it is more forbidding than the actual thing. Just a friendly warning: it might not be a slam-dunk, so don't go into it until you know for sure you aren't going to get raked over the coals (and how's that for mixed metaphors, eh? :) ).
    Thanks Dave,
    My belly-button meter is going off like crazy on this one. Our designers have a knack for finding the most pain in the arse deals just to get a few bucks that we end up blowing a ton of labor which eventually drags the whole project into the red. It's a thing of beauty to behold. (clients who insist upon breaking up a bid with other vendors and their stuff and then forcing the vendors to figure out who pays for/is responsible for what.)

And, the deftness with which you mix your metaphors is also a beautiful thing to behold. :D