Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

NetLinx Master feature request

I couldn't locate a place to put this post so I put here.
The new touch panel firmware has a feature that basically locks the unit so that it can be removed from a secure site and only AMX can unlock it.
I would like to see a feature such as this added the masters. I would want it changed though so that it basically does a cleanse of the masters memory, not a complete lockup.
This would help in a lot of secure facilities.
Just me simple request.

Comments

• The master actually has the same feature as the panels. Just like the panels, it will leave the master in a "bricked" state. It completely wipes out all RAM, FLASH, etc. It can take a long time to go through the process, perhaps upwards of 30-60 minutes. It is a 3 step process that follows DoD security practices. It is designed for those sites that must have a fully cleansed system prior to removal. Today, these sites typically have to destroy the equipment. Once you have run the command and the system is cleaned, it must be returned to AMX for reprogramming to restore it to an operational state.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    Thanks Rick for the reply. This is a very important feature for those of us doing work in secure facilities. When a Polycom VTC is broken they just take it to the shredder and Polycom ships an new one to the facility.
    What a waste.