Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

IR edit

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if you can create your own template in IR edit and import IR codes to your template. I'm trying to create a very univrsal configuration for the major functions that I use for such devices as a DVD/VHS combo.

Comments

• Options
    Well, if you look into the \program files\common files\AMXshare\Databases directory you will find an Access database file named AMXTemplate.mdb

It would probably take a bit of research but I assume that you could "clone" and existing template and make changes in order to save it as a new template.

Unfortunately, I would suspect that as soon as AMX released a new version of IREdit, they would overwrite your custom modifications.

You could probably assign really high keys to your records and then export your tables to a comma-delimited text file. Delete everything in it except your entries and then you could import the files back into the database after AMX clobbered it.

Danny
  • Options
    Thomas,

Using Access I was able to do the things that I described in my previous reply, but it requires that you go into each of the tables and make entries.

It isn't pretty but it did work. I had wondered if the AMX guys had some kind of program that let them do the dirty work but after looking at the database I'm not so sure. They have a couple of temp tables defined in the database that make it handy to cut, paste, and edit but it is still a lot of work.

Danny
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I take a very simple approach towards IR templates...I put the standard stuff (transport controls, numerics buttons, power) in the usual 1-28 channel slots, and everything else between 29-100. Then I just map the panel buttons directly to the function. So if the menu code on my DVD is IR channel 32, I make the panel button channel 32 as well, and use BUTTON.INPUT.CHANNEL to send the IR pulse. If I change IR files, it's just a matter of touching up the button channels, and it's something the guys in the field can do (especially with older systems that still have a G3) without me running out to the site.

The template system was a good idea, but there are just way too many files out there now that almost entirely ignore it. Rather than edit every one to make it conform to a template, I just do as I have describedl; it's easier, and I don't feel like I am losing anything.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks Guys
    After I started to modify a standard template I noticed problems. I've started to move all the main commands into standard positions like Dave mentioned. Seems the easiest way to go. I ran into problems when I tried to modify a Hitachi DVD/VHS combo and realized that it has discreet (play, stop, pause, etc) commands for the DVD and VHS.