Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MP3 on a MET-ECOM

Does anybody know how to load a MP3 file onto a MET-ECOM? I am trying to get it to play an MP3 file when the button is pressed on the front. I have spoken to tec support who say it is possible but nobody seems to know how to actually get the file onto the MET-ECOM in the first place.

Comments

• Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    I know you can upload images via the web config page, will this let you load a mp3 file? Maybe then use the @SOU- command??
  • iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    think that barfs on "wrong file type". There must be some way of uploading I would have thought
  • sridleysridley Posts: 21
    Yep that only works far graphics files!
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Have you tried FTP? see if you can access the storage volume?
  • iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    Official line from Tech Support is that you can't do it. Hey ho
  • CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Is the goal to have the file play at the MET-ECOM or at the panel? If it is at the panel, you can upload the file to the panel and trigger playback for that in code. In a recent installation, we actually got fairly elaborate to play a traditional door chime over the distributed audio system. The project had a Tango system for distributed audio, and a Audio Request server for a source. The zone 3 out of the Request was unused, so we uploaded a door chime MP3 to the Request and created a dedicated playlist for that chime. We then fed that zone 3 output (of the Request) into the paging input of the Tango. When a signal is detected over the Paging Input of the Tango, it mutes all zones (can change this behavior in the Tango Setup) and plays the incoming sound.

So, the user presses the button on the MET-ECOM and in code we register the press, then trigger the Request to play the doorbell mp3 playlist on the zone 3 output. That feeds the tango and they now have a doorbell sound coming through the distributed audio system.

A little clunky, but it met the need for the doorbell sound throughout the residence and not just through the panels.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    iainshaw wrote: »
    Official line from Tech Support is that you can't do it. Hey ho
    whynot just convert the MP3 to a file type that works? Audacity is free adn will convert stuff around nicely. Also, iTunes can convert.