Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Shoretel and sip gateway?

we have a potential job coming up with shoretel phones(existing ip phones). The client wants a door station(I'm thinking the entry communicator), but they want to be able to carry a cordless phone and use it to release the front door when someone rings, as well as being able to use a 700vi to talk and release the door. Is this possible? We have done this from touchpanels, but not from a cordless ip phone yet. What other parts might I need to make this work? Thanks.

Comments

• vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    No takers, huh? Ok, howabout this - can someone give me some tips on what to look for when it comes to prepping for unknown(to me) PBXs, like a specific model number, type of phones, service provider, firmware, that sort of thing? What kinds of things should I ask the company that actually services the PBX? I'm assuming admin phone number, network admin numbers, etc.?
  • davecdavec Posts: 21
    Hi Vegastech

I have also been tasked with this. I`ve got a loan SIP gateway from AMX. I`m just trying to set it up now but so far dont really know where to start. Have you had any experience with this before? I`m not sure what type of programming will be invloved with it.

Cheers

Dave
    nothing yet...

No, I haven't had the opportunity. We didn't quite make it to the bidding process yet on the job I was asking about, but I still do want to get to know the gateway. What equipment are you staring with? (Shortel model numbers, network equipment, that sort of thing) I would definitely recommend getting a hold of the network admin for the location you will be working in, and find out what codec types are being used. As I understand it, there are many different types, and not all versions are compatible with the SIP gateway.
    nothing yet...

No, I haven't had the opportunity. We didn't quite make it to the bidding process yet on the job I was asking about, but I still do want to get to know the gateway. What equipment are you staring with? (Shortel model numbers, network equipment, that sort of thing) I would definitely recommend getting a hold of the network admin for the location you will be working in, and find out what codec types are being used. As I understand it, there are many different types, and not all versions are compatible with the SIP gateway.
    I have had some success. The initial setting up of the system is pretty simple. You just have to create a SIP trunk on the Shoretel system and put the credential for it onto the trunk section of the CSG. I can make calls into the CSG and to the extension number i`ve assigned to the panel and have a good two-way conversation with it. The only thing i`m struggling with now is routing the calls out through the Shoretel, I seem to have everything correct but for some reason it wont call out. Our Shoretel expert has now gone on his holidays for a week so i`m probably going to put it off for a week until he gets back.

The Shoretel stuff we have, I dont know if this is right but its on the front of the Shoretel equipment.

There are 3 pieces, 2 x Shoregear 40/8 and one Shoregear E1.

If you find anymore info pass it on over!! haha
    I`m still working on this, Have you had any joy with this?

Dave