Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

InfoComm 2010

Anyone going? My wife made our reservations yesterday.

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    I'd love to. Don't suppose anyone wants to sponsor some flights from Australia?

Will code for food.
  • mikecmikec Posts: 14
    Can't sponsor your flights, but I will promise to enjoy a glass of red for you if that's any help?

Mike
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I am scheduled to go as well. Maybe we could setup a time to swarm the AMX booth or something? :)

Anyone have any interest in meeting to discuss programming techniques, trends or client requests? Maybe we could share some of the requests we hear and see if anyone else is hearing the same things. We could also share solutions to the requests if we have them :) It might be a little easier to discuss slightly more sensitive business practices when talking with only a select few dealers and not having things saved forever on the internet and open to everyone :)

Jeff
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I'm up for it. Always nice to see the faces behind the avatars.
    Anybody... anybody... Bueller?
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    I would love to go and meet some of my heroes - Anyone gonna wear a cape? J/K. Unfortunately that's right in the middle of our scheduled vacation. Yeah, I know, poor me. ;)
  • John GonzalesJohn Gonzales Posts: 609
    I've never been to Infocomm. In the past I was always way too busy, but sadly that's not the case this year. Is it worth going to (besides getting to meet up with some great forum friends)?
    PhreaK wrote: »
    I'd love to. Don't suppose anyone wants to sponsor some flights from Australia?

Will code for food.

I might be able to help you with half a paddle. All you'll need is a boat and the other half of the paddle. :)
    I've never been to Infocomm. In the past I was always way too busy, but sadly that's not the case this year. Is it worth going to (besides getting to meet up with some great forum friends)?

Infocomm is the big show for pro A/V. If you're not a good time manager and/or you have ADD, your head might explode.
  • We would like to see you there

Anyone from the Midwest, look me up. I would be happy to say hi. For the ACE Experts attending InfoComm, you should have received an invitation for a pre-show special event on Tuesday evening. :)
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I got the notice about the pre-show party, unfortunately I already booked the trip and I won't be flying out until Wednesday morning :( I am staying a little longer tho for a day of vacation :)

I will try to stop by the demo center tho.

Jeff
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    I'll be there Tues. thru Fri.

Would love to get an AMX programmers' meetup together outside of the AMX sponsored events. How does Thursday afternoon (toward the end of show close) sound? We can meet up at the Convention Center and figure out the details from there.
    We will be there Tues-Fri. Meeting toward the close of the exhibition one day sounds good. Maybe we could compile mobile email addresses to keep in touch as the show begins.
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    Feel free to add me to phone/email list.

Nick Miller
    512-850-5575
    nick@onsiteav.com

Ironically, a good place to meet up is usually at the CAIP UI Booth. It's typically in middle of a main lobby floor and is an easy landmark to find.
    If anyone is going to the show and wants to meet up, send me your mobile email address. I will put a group email together.
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    I very highly doubt I will be attending, but I live in Vegas, so if a meetup time and place is finalized, I can meet up with the group.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I of course will not be going unless someone wants to take over my job for a few day. Six years in the industry, and not one trade show yet. Maybe I'm just working for the wrong people - LOL! (J/K)

Anyone have any "speculations" as to what will be announced?
    jjames wrote: »
    I of course will not be going unless someone wants to take over my job for a few day.
    Bring it with you, we'll team up on it while you're there :).

@True, I thought you were in San Diego?

-John
    News

Anyone there care to elaborate as to what's going on? No press releases as of yet, so I'm dying to hear something!
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Has anyone seen a picture of the MVP-9000i and/or know when it will be available? I can’t find any information about it other than the press release.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Hmmm, MVP 9000i. A big brother for the 5200i's and in the same style and appearance. Of course a matte finish has been requested since the release of the 5200's but it's still a vast improvement over the 8400's in appearance. The price is the same as the 8400 so not much improvement on that front. Nothing else of interest released from my point of view.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a picture of the MVP-9000i and/or know when it will be available? I can’t find any information about it other than the press release.
    It's already on the product page of the AMX site.
    Oops. What are they doing putting it right in front of my nose?
    The new gestures and page transitions on the MVP-9000i look pretty cool. Has anyone tried it at the show?
    Re John, no, I haven't ever lived in San Diego.

Re 9000i, highly unimpressive. Capacitive nav alone kills it for me, not to mention AMX still (likely) violates the GPL with its release and a mediocre, low res display panel used. Bah.
    Can't please everyone.

The display the 9000 sports is 24-bit, which is a plus.
    I am checking it out as we speak. Will check back in later.
    jjames wrote: »
    Can't please everyone.

The display the 9000 sports is 24-bit, which is a plus.

Very true. (pun partially intended.)

And I would call this impressive if this was 2001. It's 2010.

On another note, isn't there supposed to be a meet-up of some sort?