Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

remote control of a system using an offsite panel

Setting:
Many individual rooms which contain a touch panel and a controller with very similar if not identical code.

Goal:
Control individual rooms from a distant location for support purposes with minimal alteration to the rooms and their code. The size or programming of a new master controller and panels is not a concern.

So far:
By assigning unique system numbers to the controllers and adding the IP of a ?master controller? in the URL listing, I?ve been able to pulse the relays of the controllers in individual rooms using a new ?master? controller and touch panel. I?ve also programmed variables into the D:P:S to easily select which room to control and which relay to trigger.

What I would like to know:
Instead of triggering a relay, is it possible to trigger a button push to a controller in a user selected remote room, by a button push at a master TP.

Lets say all rooms have a controller & panel and code...

dvTP = 10001:1:0

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,1]{
PUSH:{
TurnDaTvON
}
}

Using an offsite controller and panel, is there a way from me to either trigger a ?button push #1? of the local panel, or even better, a way for me to trigger the ?BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,1]? code on the local controller from an offsite controller and panel?

The second option would be best as ?secret buttons? that aren?t accessible by the local panel could be coded.

I?d also like to be able to receive feedback. Ie: Projector lamp run time.

What I?ve discovered so far:
?Room2_Rel = 5001:7:200? works to trigger a relay but
?Room2_TP = 10001:1:200? does not work to trigger a panel.

Info on ?PUSH? clearly states that you cannot code a ?PUSH? in a ?PUSH?.

I do know about using VNC to log into panels remotly, but would like to try to do it like this.

Thank you for your time,
Marc V

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is a DO_PUSH function that will let you push a button from another.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Well - here's what I'd do.

Go through your code, make dvTP a dev array, and name it dv_TP. Create another dev (dvTP_REMOTE), and include it in your array. Now, in your remote panel, you can specify URLs or IPs for the panel to connect to. Simply put in the appropriate connection settings to connect remotely and that should be it.

I've connected panels here in Missouri to master in Chicago. It can be done. Just gotta modify the code slightly (very slightly.)
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    I'd second that - no need for an additional master - just let the panel and the array do the work.

Original
    Define_Device
    dvTP = 10001:1:0

Modified
    Define_Device
    dvTP_Local = 10001:1:0
    dvTP_Remote = 10002:1:0

Define_Variable
    DEV dvTP[] = {dvTP_Local, dvTP_Remote}

That's it!
  • Options
    VMarcVMarc Posts: 10
    The DO_PUSH looks like it'll do exactly what I want. TY.

The prob with the array (if I understand correctly) is that I'd ahve to change the master's IP in the panel each time I want to communicate with a different room/controller.

with the doo push I can swap on the fly with something like...

BUTTON_EVENT[dvMastTP,1]{
    A = 100
    }
    }

BUTTON_EVENT[dvMastTP,2]{
    A = 200
    }
    }

BUTTON_EVENT[dvMastTP,3]{