Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

INTERCOM making a lot of Noise

RajRaj Posts: 53
Hi,

I have received a complaint from one of our customer saying that there is disturbing noise which is produced when you communicate between two intercom devices.
In this site we have 15 METECOM and two 8" TP.

The noise is produced when one TP is communicating with another METECOM and the noise is pretty bad. This doesn't happen always but most of the time it happens and it is actually annoying since the TP is in reception and lot of noise is heard there.

I have also experience thed same problem when i was doing a villa project. There the communication is between two 5" TP.
What do you think is causing this. Could it be the network issue. The switch used there is 1GBps and so I cannot blame it on the network.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Does your switch support VLANs? If so you could try putting your MET-ECOMs on a VLAN set up for voice communications and your TPs on a voice/data VLAN which would provide 2 VLANs on the ports running to the TPs. That way you can communicate with you MET-ECOM on the voice VLAN and the master/world on the data VLAN. Then if the the switch provides QOS assign the voice VLAN a higher QOS. If it's a Cisco switch you can do this simply by assigning the "smart port" roles accordingly and that will take care of VLANs & QOS.
  • RajRaj Posts: 53
    Thank you so much for the information. once i try it out i 'll update you on it.