Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

ZGW: Good RX, Bad TX

jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
So this is the second ZGW I've seen do this. My R4 can connect to the ZGW, but I have to be REALLY close to it; whenever I get into the Zigbee Diagnostics menu on the R4, the TX Link Quality is pretty much a sliver, however the RX Link Quality is full. Since changing out the ZGW or having the R4 connect to a different gateway fixes the problem and the TX is back to normal - I assume this is a hardware problem with the ZGW.

I updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.5 if that's anything . . . I've tried several things such as disabling the radio and then reflashing the FW, rebooting several times, powering it off for several minutes, etc.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Comments

• truetrue Posts: 307
    I've had a couple of the pre-pro pieces do this. Something like a cold solder joint with the antenna. Replacing the gateway solved the issue both times.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It could be interference too. I had one running at 25% or less on both indicators, and changing it from channel 25 to 15 nearly doubled them. A spectrum analyzer didn't show anything on either channel that might be interfering, yet the improvement was notable. Some interference is passive.