Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

TPdesign 1.23 where for art thou?

Well, I just transitioned to windows 7. It looks like this program will no longer run. I have an older laptop that I can still use. As far as I know this is the only program to work with old touch panels. There are a lot of those old orange glowing babies out there. I hope AMX will offer some sort of work around. Needing a special old laptop just for these jobs is a bit much.

Michael

Comments

• ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    You can use windows XP on your windows 7 machine through their virtualization program.

http://windows7center.com/windows-7-feature/windows-7-windows-xp-mode-faq/
  • John GonzalesJohn Gonzales Posts: 609
    If you're running Windows 7 pro or Ultimate you can download the WinXP compatibility mode. Basically it's sets up a virtual machine running XP.

Here's a link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

--John
  • SamkAMXSamkAMX Posts: 29
    i'm running 123 in 7 pro. need to INSTALL in compatability mode, but dont need to use virtual xp.

biggest problem was usb serial adapter was not compatible and couldnt connect with 2 different adsapters.
    borrowed a laptop with a serial port and worked fine.

someone told me to use pcmcia serial adapter card as theres no actual conversion from usb to serial involved and therefore no timing issues.
    anyone else had this problem and can verify solution
  • micodermicoder Posts: 36
    pcmcia card
    SamkAMX wrote: »
    i'm running 123 in 7 pro. need to INSTALL in compatability mode, but dont need to use virtual xp.

biggest problem was usb serial adapter was not compatible and couldnt connect with 2 different adsapters.

someone told me to use pcmcia serial adapter card as theres no actual conversion from usb to serial involved and therefore no timing issues.

I used one of those pcmcia cards for a serial port. It worked poorly with timing problems
    Michael
    If you're running Windows 7 pro or Ultimate you can download the WinXP compatibility mode. Basically it's sets up a virtual machine running XP.

Here's a link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

--John

I went to the link. It has been stuck on authentication for 15 minutes now. We'll see what happens. I do have an actual real version of windows 7 pro. It has been activated.

Michael
    SamkAMX wrote: »

I set the compatibility mode to windows 98 and 95 both. It would not install in either mode.

Michael
    I want to thank everyone here for there help. I went through Lord knows how many steps in windows 7, but by following the advice here, I now have tpdesign 1.23 working

yeeehaawww

Michael