Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Firmware for older CV7?

Does anyone have firmware for a CV7 older than v. 2.72.11? That version is the only one in the archives area, but I need something older, as the CV7 I have is about 8 years old and won't accept file 9 (calibration file).

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Firmware

The oldest I have a SW2258_01_KIT_CV7_v2_72_2.kit - dated 12/2007
    If this might help, private message me and you can try it.
  • If file 9 of 9 is failing then older firmware will not help you. There was an issue with those panels, many years ago, where the processor that is receiving file 9 would get into a state where it would not correctly receive that file. This wasn't a common problem but did occur on a number of units. A firmware upgrade a long time ago took care of this problem. You likely have a firmware version prior to that fix. It is also possible that you have a hardware issue on that older panel although that is less likely. What you really need is to have AMX repair squirt new firmware into that processor and upgrade the firmware on the whole unit and you should be set.
  • roognationroognation Posts: 138
    Got Files
    vegastech wrote: »
    Does anyone have firmware for a CV7 older than v. 2.72.11? That version is the only one in the archives area, but I need something older, as the CV7 I have is about 8 years old and won't accept file 9 (calibration file).

I've got two older ones for CV7 only:
    SW2258_01_KIT_CV7_v2.70.7.kit
    SW2258_01_KIT_CV7_v2_71_1.kit

And some multi-versions:
    NX_CV7_MVPXX00_v2.55.43.kit
    NX_CVXX_MVPXX00_v2.57.52.kit
    NX_CVXX_MVPXX00_v2.57.53.kit
    NX_CVXX_MVPXX00_v2.57.54.kit
    NX_CVXX_MVPXX00_v2_62_1.kit

Zipped, they are larger than the allowable file size on the forums. Let me know how you'd like to get them (FTP?).
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Fixed!

Thanks, I was able to get a version that DID work! Happy day...panel responds to touch again....Much better than a VNC paperweight!