Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NXC-ME Memory Upgrade?

Hey all,
I have two NXC-ME's installed in NXI's. I had read somewhere that they used compact flash cards for storage, and could be upgraded simply by changing out the card. I opened one of them up, and I did not see a compact flash card. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Brooks

Comments

• DigiMeDigiMe Posts: 59
    Short Answer - NO

Thee CF Card within the NXC-ME is only used for storage. To get the NXC-ME to work with the duet firmware is not possible because the NXC-ME onboard RAM is not sufficient. The RAM is integrated on the card.

Sorry.
  • I'm not seeing a CF card in there at all though. Is it possible this unit only has a flash "chip" (instead of a card)?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    bwhiteford wrote: »
    I'm not seeing a CF card in there at all though. Is it possible this unit only has a flash "chip" (instead of a card)?

That's likely. I remember at a training session being told there was a way to hack more memory in, but it involved soldering chips directly to the board with jumpers, etc. It's proabably, in the long run, easier and cheaper to buy an NI-700 and talk to your ME master-to-master for the ports.