Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Happy Birthday Pac-Man

The logo on the Google main search page has been replaced with a Pac-Man game today. Press insert coin and play the classic game that was introduced 30 years ago. It?s hard to believe it?s been that long.

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Same year as Empire Strikes Back, hard to believe it. Even harder to believe that my kids are as big of fans of Star Wars as I am. wacka wacka wacka wacka.
  • John GonzalesJohn Gonzales Posts: 609
    Loved playing Pac-Man. Never could remember the patterns though...

Here's some fun news about the result of Google placing the flash game on their main page:
    Google's playable Pac-Mac doodle has collectively consumed about 4.8 million hours of our time since its Friday release, according to a new report.

Assuming the average player earned about $25 per hour, that is a financial loss of about $120 million, according to a blog post from Rescue Time, a software tool that calculates how businesses and individuals spend their time and attention...

Link: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364143,00.asp

-John
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Google's playable Pac-Mac doodle has collectively consumed about 4.8 million hours of our time since its Friday release, according to a new report.

Assuming the average player earned about $25 per hour, that is a financial loss of about $120 million,...
    If 7 people played Pac-Man every second of the day from birth to death and lived to be 75 years old, there would still be over 22 years of game play left in those 4.8 million hours. Staggering numbers. I knew Google was up to no good. I knew it...
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Loved playing Pac-Man. Never could remember the patterns though...

I lost interest as soon as I realized it was really about memorizing patterns. The technology probably wasn't up to it, but IMO it would have been a better game with randomization.