Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

2 separate but related Duet issues

Hello all, hopefully someone out there can help, otherwise I'm going to be calling tech support in the morning.

I am having an issue with a duet module. The module in question is the duet module for the Panasonic PT-F300 series of projectors. This module is being used successfully in 13 out of 14 rooms, with three different room types (classroom, seminar room, and lecture hall). Each room type uses exactly the same code, and it is working in other rooms. Anyway, on to my issue

Problem #1

This is a classroom with 1 projector. I've attached the diagnostics log that I get as soon as I can connect to this master. What you see is that the module starts to load, then all of a sudden gets a bad message from the module and fails to load it. Obviously, this means I can't control the projector, which is what we classify as a Bad Thing. Any ideas on this issue?

Edit to add: oops, forgot to change the thread title, since I only have one issue now. Sorry!

Thanks.

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Let me give you the first minute or two of the tech support conversation: Are you running the most recent version of firmware on the processor? How much memory do you have allocated to Duet in the processor?

Those would be the first two things to check imho.

Jeff
  • Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Let me give you the first minute or two of the tech support conversation: Are you running the most recent version of firmware on the processor?

Yep, I re-flashed it just to make sure.
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    How much memory do you have allocated to Duet in the processor?

I haven't checked it or changed it, so it should be the standard 8 mb, which is working in 10 other rooms with the same module.
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Those would be the first two things to check imho.

Jeff

I will double check both first thing this morning before I call tech support. Thanks.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have had this happen with several Duet modules ... they stopped working after an update to NetLinx Studio. In one case, I was able to get it working by updating the master's firmware. In another case, nothing I did would make that module work, and I have to replace it with a NetLinx version.

The Duet version, NS version, and firmware versions all have to be compatible with each other. If any of the three are not, it won't work. It is a royal pain when you have a lot of code depending on it.
  • Update

As an update, I got that room working by swapping out the master. I am going to send the one that wasn't working back to AMX. In a somewhat related note, in the lecture halls, I couldn't get the module to work when I had to load 2 of them. It would sometimes work when i reloaded the code, then stop working when I rebooted the processor, or vice versa, it wouldn't work when I loaded the code, then it would start working when I rebooted the processor. Not sure what was going on there either, I rewrote the code to not use the Duet modules and everything worked.