Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Hmmm

Here is an issue that makes you think. I have started to install all my rooms with RMS. Everything works well but I have a few rooms where the Extron System 8 switcher reports back an error when the system is off or left on 1 source for a period of time. At first I was thinking bad cabling but found once I turned the system on the error went away. Now this is the same code that is uesd in many rooms with no issues. I'm wondering if the age of the system 8's (firmware version) might not support the command that I am sending for the 'stay alive' every 5 sec's. Has anyone else seen or had this type of issue?

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    The error you are referring to, is it a communication error (say when using the basic device RMS helper module)? If so what's your timeout set to, and how often are you sending a keep alive-esque command?
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Device not communicating error. I am using the AMX 'basic' module which I am using in other rooms that are working fine. Set to 30 sec updates on RMS and I am polling it every 10 sec's. I am really leaning towards a device issue over code issue since this code works in other rooms with the exact same setup.