Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Scientific Atlanta Cable firmware update?

Anyone notice that the Sci Atl cable boxes ran a firmware update this week and no longer support numeric ON functionality? All the programming I used to do (0,C for "discrete" On and 0,Power Toggle for "discrete" Off) no longer works. I was hoping the firmware update allowed for discrete power commands (finally), but I can't seem to find any documentation that supports this. Grrrr.....Service Calls are coming, I can hear them now....

Comments

• shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    Did you go back in and enable it? I've seen updates revert this setting back to off.

If the option is missing and this update goes wide, I've got some updating to do.

Kevin D.
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    I only got word of this update today. (Other guys at work withholding it from me...) Seems to be a Cox Communications issue in the Las Vegas area. Supposedly the option is completely gone. Reading online, it might be available in settings under devices on HDC boxes.
  • veraviewveraview Posts: 44
    We got updated here, too, a few weeks ago. Messed up all sorts of infrared, including changing the timing of the pulses. Press channel up, go up two channels, you know the routine.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    They updated our region several months ago but the only thing I noticed was the Cisco logo on the screenand the annoying "hold" flashing during the reboot. Now that Cisco owns SA who knows what the future will bring
  • We got an update that reset a bunch of things back to default (like the power-on-via-numeric setting). In a number of cases we also had to cycle power on the box to get the digital audio jack to work again. Weird.
  • In the San Diego area the power on by numeric keypress is completely gone. I've got 7 jobs and counting that are affected. Is there a fix to find or allow that option again?

Stupid cable company.
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Here in Vegas it appears that the boxes are now responding to numeric turn-ons again. Yay!
  • Just ran across it yesterday too on a Cisco cable box (Explorer 8640 I believe). It was under the 'devices' tab.
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 139
    Trying to control IPP330HD but it not respond to any of IR files I found on internet.

Do anyone have some idea ?
  • No answer for your question Vlad, but wanted to note that I dealt with the same Cisco box I mentioned above on Cox and the numeric power turn on wasn't available. So in San Diego, Cisco box on Time Warner had the numeric turn on, the same Cisco box on Cox cable didn't have the numeric turn on.

Friggin' cable companies :mad:
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Another data point, one of our dealers in New York on Time Warner with a brand new Cisco DOES have the option (needing to be set) for numeric on.