Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

VPT-CP Calibration

My VPT-CP calibration is out, what are the steps to get it into calibrate mode? Can I connect directly with RS232 cable and send a command? Should I use NS?

Comments

• You can get the VPT to calibration by a terminal program, using the VPT programming adaptor, and a programming cable.
    Use 38400 baud (this is the default programming port speed in setup), open a terminal session, and then type (invisible) CALIBRATE<enter>. must be uppercase.

Pinout for the adaptor (DB9 f-f crossover cable additionally required):
    Tip
    Pin3 DB9 male
    Ring
    Pin2
    Sleeve -- Pin5
  • You can get the VPT to calibration by a terminal program, using the VPT programming adaptor, and a programming cable.
    Use 38400 baud (this is the default programming port speed in setup), open a terminal session, and then type (invisible) CALIBRATE<enter>. must be uppercase.

Pinout for the adaptor (DB9 f-f crossover cable additionally required):
    Tip
    Pin3 DB9 male
    Ring
    Pin2
    Sleeve -- Pin5

Thanks Marc,

I have done this and it works fine. Do you know why it happens?
  • This may be happen with an low or empty backup battery. In the VPT there is a DR2032 battery to buffer clock, graphics and system settings, including calibration. See in the VPT manual how to replace.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You can also pull the battery and hold your finger in the center of the panel while replacing it. Keep holding it there when it boots up, and it will go into setup ... keep holding it after that, and it will go into calibration. Good trick when you don't have a computer handy, or are talking a tech who doesn't normally do such things through the process from off site.
  • DHawthorne wrote: »
    You can also pull the battery and hold your finger in the center of the panel while replacing it. Keep holding it there when it boots up, and it will go into setup ... keep holding it after that, and it will go into calibration. Good trick when you don't have a computer handy, or are talking a tech who doesn't normally do such things through the process from off site.

On the G3 panels, unfortunately the power-and-hold only works to go to setup, but it will not go on to calibration.