Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

AMX MVP-8400 Boot problems

Is there any one who can help me to fix my MVP? i started my MVP and tried to update the firmware. The firmware procedure was suddenly interrupted without any reason. After that the touchpanel can't boot correctly. There is no AMX logo and no setup page. I orderd a new flashcard, installed in the touchpanel but no luck.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thank you,

Ayser

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Ayser wrote: »
    Is there any one who can help me to fix my MVP? i started my MVP and tried to update the firmware. The firmware procedure was suddenly interrupted without any reason. After that the touchpanel can't boot correctly. There is no AMX logo and no setup page. I orderd a new flashcard, installed in the touchpanel but no luck.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thank you,

Ayser

Ordered a new flash card? As in, one from AMX with the firmware loaded? If you just bought a generic flash, it's not going to work. If you got it from AMX loaded for that panel, you have a hardware issue, and it isn't likely to have anything to do with your firmware update ... since a new, loaded card replaces the firmware. I would say that panel is going to have to go back to AMX.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I killed an 8400i in the process of updating to the latest firmware. Had to send it in.
  • gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    You will need to return your panel for repair. There is a small internal boot flash that then loads the operating system, application and pages from the compact flash memory module. It sounds as though this internal chip is not functioning. It must be reprogrammed with a hardware programmer.