Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

CAD Templates

I thought I saw some CAD templates aimed at system design a few months ago, but I can't seem to find them. Anyone know if I am just wishfully remembering, or know where I can find them on the AMX site?

I am looking for block drawings that have inputs and outputs so that all I need to do are draw the lines to connect everything in the appropriate place. I can make these up myself, but if they are readily available, I would rather not reinvent the wheel :)

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    We use Netzoom 9 for Visio. They make a CAD version. the licensing is somewhat pricey ($900 for a single user), but we run it on it's own box and Remote Desktop into it on the local network, so we effectively only have one user. That kind of solution might not work if you have a lot of designers needing it all at once; we have exactly two, and neither uses it enough to warrant separate licenses. But it has shapes for pretty near every piece of equipment we have ever needed it for.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Dave,

Thanks for the link. I took a quick peek, but I did not see anything in CAD format (.dwg or .dxf). I will contact them for more details tho.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Options
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Dave,

Thanks for the link. I took a quick peek, but I did not see anything in CAD format (.dwg or .dxf). I will contact them for more details tho.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I saw on the FAQ that they supported AutoCAD. Haven't actually tried it.
  • Options
    There are dxf CAD blocks on each product page under 'drawings', are those the ones you're looking for?
    -John
  • Options
    I saw those, but I thought I had seen some that were a little more line diagram friendly. Something with the list of inputs on the left, and outputs on the right. I guess I could also look at VA... I guess it wouldn't be difficult to use the dxf's provided, I was just expecting something different and dismissed the dxfs provided a little too quickly.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Options
    The Netzoom templates look just like the device ... good for the installers, no translating a diagram to the actual equipment. I confess it can get busy :) .
  • Options
    Yes, as I stopped to actually think about it, I think I like using the actual device when possible. For that, the provided dxfs are perfect. I am used to the block diagrams and, for whatever reason, that is what I was looking for. I think the block diagrams might be a little easier to layout, but if the pictures make it easier for the people using the documentation, that should be the correct choice (at least in my situation :) ).

Jeff