Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX Diagrams

Hello,

I wonder what software do AMX use to make those amazing diagrams?

http://www.amx.com/assets/diagrams/NXB-KNX.Diagram.pdf

Thank you

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Most likely one of the many, many vector graphics programs out there in the wild. If you're looking for a good open source (and free) one I recommend checking out inkscape, as far as price goes it can't be beaten.
  • SensivaSensiva Posts: 211
    PhreaK wrote: »
    Most likely one of the many, many vector graphics programs out there in the wild. If you're looking for a good open source (and free) one I recommend checking out inkscape, as far as price goes it can't be beaten.

Maybe, I tried inkscape for a while, but didn't succeed in creating a nice diagram like AMX's

I sent them an email, I hope they reply soon.
    Check this one too, and note how nice is the back panel of NI is shown in the diagram

http://www.amx.com/assets/diagrams/NI-3100.Diagram.pdf
  • Sensiva wrote: »
    Hello,

I wonder what software do AMX use to make those amazing diagrams?

Thank you

Adobe reader -> File -> Properties -> "Created with Adobe Illustrator CS4".
    Inkscape will fit right next to it...
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Sensiva wrote: »
    Maybe, I tried inkscape for a while, but didn't succeed in creating a nice diagram like AMX's.

Inkscape and the Adobe Suite et al. are just tools. Graphic design and illustration is a skill that can take years or decades to develop before you are even remotely close to being capable of producing work that doesn't make people want to remove their eyes with the closest rusty object upon viewing.

If you're interested in learning more about design there are plenty of awesome tutorials freely available across the web and your local education institutions are likely to offer both short and degree length courses on the subject.
    Creator mentioned in file properties just says how the PDF file was created, but isn't necessary the diagram was created with Illustrator, I contacted AMX and Tim replied with the same answer Adobe Illustrator, then I asked him about the icons (which is the most interesting thing in the diagram) he said he will provide them as soon as he gets them. I hope he will.

I tried several ways to create similar icons but I failed. It seems they have other AMX devices photos than the ones posted in the website.
  • Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Sensiva wrote: »
    Creator mentioned in file properties just says how the PDF file was created, but isn't necessary the diagram was created with Illustrator, I contacted AMX and Tim replied with the same answer Adobe Illustrator, then I asked him about the icons (which is the most interesting thing in the diagram) he said he will provide them as soon as he gets them. I hope he will.

I tried several ways to create similar icons but I failed. It seems they have other AMX devices photos than the ones posted in the website.

You can easily*/** create things like that with most vector programs, like Inkscape/Illustrator.

* easily applies to experienced designers only.
    ** easily does not imply "in a short amount of time". Good work requires time, that rule also applies here. And especially to icons.