Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Questions on Axcent devices

Hi all,

I attended the programmer 1 course recently and really want to continue with skills. I have some AMX stuff knocking around, but really need to get a controller to test and play around with...may even use at home at some point!

I'm looking for cheap netlinx controllers, but not getting anywhere, but can get my hand on Axcent3 or 2 devices.

My question is, would I have to re-learn the netlinx language in order to program this controller?

Also, I may want to use a Modero TP (wireless), are these compatible with axcent devices?

Thanks

G

Comments

• Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Welcome!
    gdbagley wrote: »
    My question is, would I have to re-learn the netlinx language in order to program this controller?

Axcent Controllers use a different language (Axcess) to Netlinx Controllers. While there are many common features and keywords the basic structure is very different.

Netlinx is what you need to learn, but it is good practise to have a read through the Axcess Programming Documentation as there are still a lot of older systems out there.
    gdbagley wrote: »
    Also, I may want to use a Modero TP (wireless), are these compatible with axcent devices?
    Only G3 Touchpanels can be used with Axcent Controllers, the Modero & all G4 panels use IP communication which was not available on the older range.

You can purchase a NI700 or NI900 at demo rates if you're a dealer and expand this using an Axcent3 controller running in slave mode to give you more control ports.

Good luck