Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

DENON TU604?

Has anyone integrated one of these yet and if so what's your opinion of the unit. Anything to be concerned about as I write a module for it? Seems fairly straight forward but sometimes Denon products don't function as documented so any insight beyond what's published would be appreciated.

Comments

• greinertgreinert Posts: 1
    vining wrote: »
    Has anyone integrated one of these yet and if so what's your opinion of the unit. Anything to be concerned about as I write a module for it? Seems fairly straight forward but sometimes Denon products don't function as documented so any insight beyond what's published would be appreciated.

I am about to integrate one of these units also, did you have good success with the unit?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    So far so good. My module seems to be working fine but I haven't implemented the "disco when idle" or the "disco when idle, then re-connect" routine that's been recommended in another thread covering Denon IP comms (Denon has a bit of an issue with IP comms). I haven't had a chance to post the code yet but if your interested in it just shoot me your email address. Oh since I'm in the US I didn't do anything for DAB, the code structure is set up for it but pasring and stuff hasn't been done and I'm not using HD radio in the job I wrote this for so this is probably somewaht incomplete too? At least feedback, maybe?. Hmmm, I don't remember so good anymore. :)

Added:

The code should be structured for either IP or serial so IP isn't required if one chooses not to use it. I like to keep my serial ports free for things that don't give me choices.