Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Feature Request - built-in user image web interface

I think it would be cool if there was a web page on the touch panels that opened when you go to the touch panel address. On that page, you could have the option to launch VNC, but I would also like the ability to send images to the touch panel. My thought would be that the images would be saved in a specific folder and would automatically be icon slots (x+maxNumIcons). There would have to be some intelligence to limit file size. This would allow the client to change images on a touch panel whenever they feel like it. It would be really cool if we could program the max image sizes and a brief description of what each slot is used for to assist the client.

Just a thought,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    In addition, it would be nice if you could organize the image files into folders rather than having them all in one folder. Having hundreds of images in one folder doesn't make much sense.
    Paul
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    In addition, it would be nice if you could organize the image files into folders rather than having them all in one folder. Having hundreds of images in one folder doesn't make much sense.
    Paul

TPD4 right? I've been asking for this for YEARS! I've just come to the conclusion that in order to organize the images I put a prefix on everything (btn_filename, icon_filename, tv_filename, xm_filename, etc.)
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    jjames wrote: »
    TPD4 right? I've been asking for this for YEARS! I've just come to the conclusion that in order to organize the images I put a prefix on everything (btn_filename, icon_filename, tv_filename, xm_filename, etc.)

I generally do it that way as well. But more like "dvd_play", "dvd_pause", "light_icon", "light_slider" etc. But folders would be a blessing, I think if AMX looks at the current standards in graphic design they'll be able to cook up something much more flexible, faster, resourceful than TPD4.