Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Downgrading a 3000 for faster boot times

I'm trying to get a project done but the long boot times of the 3000s are driving me crazy.

I am not using (nor plan to use) any duet modules and would be happy to lose all the web stuff, in order to speed the patch/compile/download/reboot/test cycle.

Can I safely load old firmware in the 3000? If so, which kit file(s) do use?

Thanks
________
HZ ENGINE

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think you can lose the "web stuff," nor think it will help boot times. Killing Duet will help, though, for sure. There is a firmware on the site specifically for non-Duet, you should be able to simply load that. NI_X000 non-Duet firmware.
  • deadkendeadken Posts: 10
    Thanks.

I'll give it a try.
    ________
    DAIHATSU NAKED
  • deadken wrote: »
    I'm trying to get a project done but the long boot times of the 3000s are driving me crazy.

I am not using (nor plan to use) any duet modules and would be happy to lose all the web stuff, in order to speed the patch/compile/download/reboot/test cycle.

Can I safely load old firmware in the 3000? If so, which kit file(s) do use?

Thanks

It's perfectly safe to revert to the last non-duet firmware, not only will it significantly speed up your boot time but also cpu performance will improve, i've had my home system running 2.32.148 for the past year without any problems.