Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

R2 battery exploded...

I have an R2 from a Client that seems to have met an untimely coma state. The remote stopped responding a few weeks ago, and when I took it apart, it looked as though the batteries (non-rechargable) had leaked, leaving dried fluid on the remote's lower casing. After taking it apart, the only part of the remote that seemed to be affected by the leakage were the terminals soldered to the main circuit board. I looked at the circuit board up and down, backwards and forwards, cleaned and scrubbed the two terminals, and put the remote back together with new batteries, but it does not appear to power up. I guess I should say that the LCD screen does not light up when I reinstall the batteries, anyhow. Every other part of the remote appears clean and untouched. I have checked continuity with my tone generator, and was unable to obtain continuity on the two terminals attached to the main circuit board. Are there other things I can do with this remote before I give up and send it in for repair? I was hoping for a quick (read not involving reprogramming) fix here.

Comments

• vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Powered Up!

After a little more cleaning of the terminals, I reassembled the remote, and it powers up now. I can look thru the settings and see it's running firmware 1.10 (the current version) and can run thru all other menu settings. I verified the RF output on the remote as well as the IR, and it seems to be functioning...I don't suppose there is a way to extract the program from this remote, is there? I'm assuming it's SEND ONLY functionality. Sorry if I'm asking the basics here, but it's my first time dealing with an R. Thanks!