Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI2000 issue

ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
I have an NI2k with a weird issue.. I have never experienced this before. Basically the box stops reponding to any network connections, and basically haults the program from what I can tell. The link light blinks very fast at a steady pase, the status light blinks like normal and the output led remains solid. I have looked in the manuals and can't see that this is related to anything..

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have a big, long thread on pretty much the same thing happening with an NI3000. I never found a definitive answer, just a lot of guesses. It eventually resolved itself, which, to me, is the worst of solutions, since you have no idea how to prevent it. http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?6473-Me-and-my-odd-problems-this-time-an-NI-3000 if you want to check the discussion.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I do have another thought or two ... it's possible we are talking two different problems with similar symptoms. In my case the master wasn't locking up, just the IP ports. If your entire master is locking up, you need to check if it's running short on memory (and if overall memory is fine, you may need to look at the non-volatile memory), or if the message queue is overrunning. Both of these circumstances can lock up a master completely with little to no warning. Was this a once working system that suddenly started acting up, or has it never been right?
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Well after some time yesterday and some further investigating.. I think I have found the problem. I am using an HP Procurve 1810g 24 port gigabit managed switch. After the link light began pulsing fast, I noticed in the web config of the switch that the port link status would state down when this happens. After finally forcing both to be 10mb Half they are seeming to play nice with eachother.. I have had a few systems where these things just don't like running at 100mb. Must be their ethernet modules..

As far as my programming stopping, I think that was my fault.. Somehow some array is not being accessed correctly so it is flooding messages back in. And I am pretty sure that is what is causing me grief..

This processor is an older one that was purchased used and this system is new. But it would work for a bit then this would happen randomly within 10 minutes.