Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Can I run Applications on a Modero Panel Like an iPhone or Droid?

Hi, I am new to the forum, but have a simple question. Can I run Applications on a Modero Panel Like an iPhone or Droid? If so, what kind of apps are available. It would be awesome if there was some type of browser.

Comments

• Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    skotmorris wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to the forum, but have a simple question. Can I run Applications on a Modero Panel Like an iPhone or Droid? If so, what kind of apps are available. It would be awesome if there was some type of browser.

Simple answer: no
  • CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Welcome to the forum. There is no app store so to speak, but several posters here have written games and such for panels. Amx has a widget section here: http://amx.com/ui/browse.asp?uiType=Widgets

These are very different than the app store for today's popular mobile phone platforms. If you have something in mind, you can probably code it in the netlinx language. Given the userbase, the developers working on modern apps are probably focusing on big user groups like iphone or droid users rather than netlinx users.

Currently, there is no browser embeded in the panel. To get around this, you can use G4 computer control, but it is slow and not ideal for most applications.
  • truetrue Posts: 307
    I'm...working on it. Still looking at how I can hook into the screen to get a real X server running.