Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

DirecTV Samsung HR-24 repeat IR codes and issues with DVR functions!!

I'm noticing that the new Samsung HR-24 boxes seem to respond poorly to the DVR remote control IR functions. I have relearned and relearned the DVR functions, I have also used my old learned IR codes, as well as the AMX "DirecTV" remote control "DirecT01.irl" file and the actual box responds the same to every one of them. It almost "goes to sleep" after the functions, then after three presses (consistently every time) it will finally respond to the same code. I have adjusted the IR pulse times to less than 400ms and have also tried it at 1000ms and it does the same thing. The box shows receipt of the IR command via the LED-lit logo button blinking.

Is this new box broken on the receipt of AMX IR commands from an NI-3100? I can't make it work....

FYI I have adjusted the timing to 300ms and have relearned the IR codes for the cursor up/down/left/right as well as page up/page down and this solves the repeat IR function issue with the new firmware. Before this fix, the box would repeat these functions within the user interface of the actual DirecTV receiver box. It was like the box would "lock-up" on the function, you could end the IR codes from the AMX NI-3100 and the box would still send out the commands FOREVER! Very frustrating, our customer replaced the old HR-21 receivers with the new HR-24 themselves and found all kinds of issues with the new boxes and their control FROM THE AMX SYSTEM. (but of course the handheld remotes work fine).

Comments

• Options
    CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
  • Options
    sawtoothsawtooth Posts: 4
    yes, I fixed the repeat cursor problems with relearning the IR codes via my IRIS device. However, this is an issue with the DVR functions and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue....
  • Options
    GarretGarret Posts: 27
    Its prolly to late to be of use to you. I just had this same problem. As far as I can tell my transport commands were just slightly different than others. I discovered that some commands would take three presses some would work first time. Then they would work first time after that for a while then it would require three presses again. Then I tried different transport commands, the ones in the following post. They worked with one press!!!! Yeah and thank you "spike2tx". http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?7043-DIRECTV-HR24&highlight=DIRECTV+IR

One thing of note use all the codes in the posted .irl and only the commands in the file. I tried mixing and matching from that IRL and my IRL(mostly the direc TV codes from AMX) and after pressing other buttons the the problem would return.