Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Can?t edit Master Communications settings

One of the new features of Netlinx Studio 2.3 is the ability to name and save communications settings similar to how it is in TPDesign4. A welcome feature for sure. However, I can?t seem to edit entries in the TCP/IP Settings dialog box without having it create a new entry. If I click on an existing entry, select edit, edit the IP of that entry, and then select OK, a new entry is entered into the list. I then have to find the old entry again and then click delete to get rid of it. Can the next version of Netlinx be fixed so that "Edit" does indeed edit? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• Options
    Joe Hebert wrote:

Can the next version of Netlinx be fixed so that "Edit" does indeed edit? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Joe

Yes and no.

Send an email to Guy in Tech Support.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    The same problem still exists in Netlinx Studio 2.4.
  • Options
    Nice that 2.4 allows for multiple entries with the same IP or URL.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the IP is one of the key fields in this dialog, so that's why editing isn't really an edit.

Since it does work, albeit a little clunky, Engineering is reluctant to change it.
    However I will pass your suggestion along, if enough people complain - things can change...
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I?ll sign the petition list to unclunky it but I?m sure there are more important things for Engineering to spend their time on. The way it works now sure beats the heck out of not being able to save comm settings at all. (prior to 2.3)

Thanks for responding, Guy. I wish more AMX employees would chime in on the board like they used to. It?s a shame they?ve been discouraged to do so.
  • Options
    Joe,
    I haven't heard of anyone being discouraged to post, if AMX'ers are posting less it could be a matter of time available vs. current projects.
    And as you and other forum experts have provided answers for others, it makes it less necessary for AMX employees to chime in.
    But be aware, the forums are being read by more people here than you might think...
  • Options
    dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    Since it does work, albeit a little clunky, Engineering is reluctant to change it.
    However I will pass your suggestion along, if enough people complain - things can change...

Although I agree with the others on getting it fixed, but how about renaming the button to "Duplicate" or something similar that's more inline with how the button actually functions?

--D