Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Page tracking on NXD 1000Vi

Hi

Anyone come across this one?

Page tracking is turned on, when you initially do this - a command comes back from the panel stating the current page and then after that NOTHING! In diagnostics, you can see commands go out but not coming back?????

Usually I work using virtual devices combined with the real device, but in this instance I can't because of one of the modules I've been forced to use - so I am working with the real panel device, no virtual combination
However, I did a test and combined it with a virtual and lo and behold - it works!!! not that this helps me but its a bit bizarre, to say the least!

Any takers???

thanks in advance

D.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Page tracking only works if the panel itself initiates the page flip or pop-up. If you do it in code, there is no tracking. I suppose it's assumed since you did it in code, you know about it already.
  • Options
    Duncan EllisDuncan Ellis Posts: 154
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Page tracking only works if the panel itself initiates the page flip or pop-up. If you do it in code, there is no tracking. I suppose it's assumed since you did it in code, you know about it already.

Hi Dave

I've always used page tracking with a combined panel (as in combined with a virtual device) and page tracking works from code page flips.....so if what you are saying is true, why does that work???

Cheers
  • Options
    Hi Dave

I've always used page tracking with a combined panel (as in combined with a virtual device) and page tracking works from code page flips.....so if what you are saying is true, why does that work???

Cheers

I can't speak to how it works with combined virtuals really; I don't use them anymore. It may also be a new thing, or even panel specific. My habit used to be to use page flips in the panel itself almost exclusively, and the times I didn't it wasn't necessary to track. But I have migrated towards using code, and this is simply what I have noticed and verified, at least with 435's and R4's. I don't get the tracking message from code flips, period.
  • Options
    Duncan,

I had the same problem. NSS-Vote with code-based page flips. I had two NXT-1700VG panels that needed to track, but I wasn't getting the necessary strings back from the panels. I found that a panel will respond with its current page/popup when issued a 'TPAGEON' send_command. I added this command on the release of a button_event [dvTP,0] and it all worked.

good luck.

Stephen
  • Options
    Duncan,

I had the same problem. NSS-Vote with code-based page flips. I had two NXT-1700VG panels that needed to track, but I wasn't getting the necessary strings back from the panels. I found that a panel will respond with its current page/popup when issued a 'TPAGEON' send_command. I added this command on the release of a button_event [dvTP,0] and it all worked.

good luck.

Stephen

You only need to put TPAGEON in the ONLINE event. It shouldn't need to be sent over and over again.
  • Options
    You'd think that would work. Maybe a problem specific to those panels? I haven't tried it out with any other system configuration.