Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

AMX Intercom

viningvining Posts: 4,368
I was on the AMX website looking for the lastest version of the AMX intercom and this is what I find:
Date Entered: 1/9/2007 2:36:20 PM
Last Update: 1/9/2007 2:36:20 PM
Also Known As:
Remote Control:
Control Method: IP
Then under programming notes:
Programming Notes
Dept: Tech. Research
Note: AMX intercom module v1.3 - for installations that will not be using the Metreau Entry Communicator - If the Metreau Entry Communicator will be used install AMX Intercom Modulel v1.4 - the Entry Communicator will not work with AMX intercom module v1.3. AMX intercom module v1.4 - for installations using the Metreau Entry Communicator - Please contact Technical Support for a firmware "hot fix" if you are using the following AMX touchpanels - MVP-8400i, NXD-700Vi, NXD-1000Vi
Created: 5/27/2008 11:05:53 AM
And under downloads there's:
AMX_Intercom_v1_8.zip
The lastest files in this are dated 12/10/2009 so obviously no ones is doing house cleaning when they update the modules and useless information is left on the site just to confuse the already confused.

Should I call TS for the hot fix? :rolleyes: Of course not but that's what they state and yet another reason why TS probably gets burdened with unnecassary phone calls, they ask for them. Yet legitimate dealers that sell their products are asked to pay for this service if they fall into the bornze level which alot of folks will do once they start selling mostly iPads. Go figure.