Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

New install of NS can't generate tkn?

I purchased a new laptop recently and installed NS3. Now whenever I compile a project(new or otherwise), it only generates the src file, never the tkn. Did I miss something in the setup? My prefs are set to build with source.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vegastech wrote: »
    I purchased a new laptop recently and installed NS3. Now whenever I compile a project(new or otherwise), it only generates the src file, never the tkn. Did I miss something in the setup? My prefs are set to build with source.

Is this WIN7? If so, you might want to uninstall and reinstall. When you reinstall, go into the prefs of the installer app and make sure the "use Windows XP compatibility' check is on.

Just a thought.
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    No it's still xp, sp3.
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    Uninstall/Reinstall

I uninstalled/reinstalled NS3 again, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I did, however, check my preferences, and I guess the checkbox for "compile with debug info" should probably be checked if I want to debug any of my work? Anyways, I am now able to send a tkn file, and debug it. Yay! I guess what I should ask is, when I compile, should it show Created SRC file: C:\Laptop Backup\RobsAMXFiles\Projects\CutlerResRev1.src ? I was thinking (it has been about a month since I worked on any AMX programming) it should show "Created tkn file".
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You need to also check off the box to "Build with Source" for it to generate a src file.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    You need to also check off the box to "Build with Source" for it to generate a src file.

You know, is there any real reason why this should not be the default settings when you install in the first place? Just a thought.
  • ericmedley wrote: »
    You know, is there any real reason why this should not be the default settings when you install in the first place? Just a thought.
    I would guess it's more of a fail-safe from an Intellectual Property standpoint to default to not build with source. Once the source code is on the master, then it can be extracted by anyone who can access your master. Plus the memory used on the master is smaller without source.

With that said, I would bet that most of us compile with source.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    With that said, I would bet that most of us compile with source.

Working in a commercial environment, I don't think I've ever seen a master with source code stored on it.