Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Non-AMX Thread: Recipes

Ok, totally not even related to AMX whatsoever, but the thought of this kind of sparked my interest.

I know a lot of us are deep in thought with AMX programming, designing, and sales . . . but let's take a minute and slow down a little. I'd like to see some good tasting recipes from you; my wife and I were trying to think of dinners and everything I'd mention we either just had, or wasn't in the mood for and scouring through the internet's billions of pages to find a good tasting recipe well, isn't quite high on my priority list. So I thought, "Hey, why not ask some guys that I trust!?"

So if you have a good recipe you'd like to share, be it a salsa, a main meal, or heck - just a description of what you do different to make your food taste better from the standard or even just vouching for a certain kind of hot dogs (Koegel Viennas, Mmmm!!!). . . share it! I love food and I personally like to try new things (even off the wall - yes, I've made Luther Burgers before and LOVED THEM!)

Here's one my wife makes, I forget where she got it from - but I love it.
Mini Meatloafs
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg (6oz) stove top mix
1 cup water
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup shredded cheese

Instructions:
1. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and Italian seasoning until well blended. Press evenly into 12 medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Make an indentation in center of each with spoon.

2. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly into indentation of meatloaves.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until meatloaves reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Top evently with cheese. Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

So basically, they're cupcake meatloaves with spaghetti sauce in the middle with cheese melted over them. They're very good. Her family has asked for the recipe numerous times - but it's nothing special in my opinion, just differently prepared!

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The only thing I know how to do to make food taste better is whip out my credit card ... my wife won't even let me cook if she's sick :p .
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Every Sunday I cook the supper, always looking for new ideas, thanks James. I'll post some of my recipes once I translate it into english. Not many people know what a 'dash of' or 'spot of' are =)
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'll just put a link to my website that has a few of my recipes.

They include:
    Eric's Homemade Vegetable Soup
    BBQ Smokin'
    Santa Fe Chicken
    Eric's Meatloaf
    Black and White Bean Soup

http://www.ericmedley.com/recipes.html